Monday, April 27, 2009

Just Because.


Chad and I were talking the other day about documenting our life a little better. I always wished that I had more of my parents pictures to look at growing up. I would love to see more pictures of how they lived, dressed, and looked when they were my age....so Chad and I wanted to take some pictures of our apartment here in Columbus to show our kids some day. We wish we took pictures of our first apartment together in Utah, but unfortunately we didn't, so these will have to do. Plus Chad and I have pretty much come to terms that no one wants to come to Ohio for a visit :) so we thought we would show our out- of- town relatives our place.


OUR PATIO. I absolutely love the spring time in Ohio. Its gorgeous!! This weekend was in the upper 80's so we spent almost all weekend out here grilling, studying, and catching some sun.

OUR LIVINGROOM. We will forever be grateful to Verna for our couch. It can comfortably fit about 80 people.


DINING ROOM.

DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM.

OUR CUTE AND COZY KITCHEN.


OUR STAIRS. Who would have thought that having stairs in our place would keep our cat happy, but running up and down keeps Harley sane.


There wasn't anymore room in our U-Haul when we packed up our stuff and moved to Ohio so we had to leave a lot of our furniture behind. My sweet grandpa gave Chad and I his old kitchen table and chairs so we decided to recover them which definetely gave them new life.

More of our Living Room

Our little Desk nook...and Harley's favorite Chair. He is very possesive.


BEDROOM.

UPSTAIRS HALLWAY.


2nd Bathroom. My least favorite room in the house. I don't know why?? I think it needs some natural light.




CHAD'S SANCTUARY. This is where you will find him most days of the week. He takes FREQUENT study breaks to jam out. (one of the things I fell in love with when Chad and I were dating.) He is so musically talented and doesn't even realize it. I wish he were home right now strumming in the backround :(

8 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

You were supposed to have a "This is wear the magic happens" caption underneath the picture of your bedroom.

Cute place. Super cute.

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

You've got some skills girl! I love your place and your decorating is making me jealous!! As I utterly lack any talent whatsoever in that area I am just loving seeing the cute ideas you've done in your house. The office collage on the wall is my fav. I'm stealing that idea :) Miss you! Tell Chadwick hello

Beth said...

Just more proof as to why I am going to have to hire you one day when I have a house that I care about.

kent and liz said...

Oh I am so glad you posted pics of your house, I love it! I took pictures of our apt. about a year ago to document for future little Lyons' some day too cause I LOVE looking at old pictures from my parent's younger days. "Our first house"! And I am so jealous you have a patio. So so cute and fun for spring/summer weather. Wish we were there to BBQ with ya'll!

kent and liz said...

p.s. I love what you did with the kitchen chairs. You are going to have to some how teach me to be crafty!

Dehner Family said...

Your patio is so cute - the flowers look great! And we love what you did with your office. It's way to cute of a place for students!

garritandshea said...

Ok- your house is so cute- and neat as a pin- of course! I am obsessed with your chairs and your blue wall with the frames!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Kate.....welcome back to Blogsville. Nice job. You will never regret documenting your past for your children and grandchildren. You are and will always be L-O-V-E-D.

Dad.