Friday, August 19, 2011
Today I want to pay tribute to the one I love the Most!
Here are 5 random facts about Chad and I.
1) In our relationship I do all of the driving. I get carsick if I don't, but the perk of this driving relationship is that DJ Chad without fail, IMMEDIATELY plugs in his I-pod so we don't go a second without great tunes to listen to.
2) I have an unhealthy attraction to men with beards. Chad awknowledges this and even though he can't grow the beard of my dreams he keeps his face scruffy just how I like it. He also allows me to have many beard crushes.
3) Chad and I always share a dish when we go out to eat. The hard part is the picking what to share and even harder is the 30 minute discussion on where we want to go out to eat. Some may call it indecisive....but I like to think of it as being easy going:)
4) Over the years, I've adopted many type "A" personality traits. I'm highly organized, task oriented, and probably OCD. With this change in my personality, I sometimes like to think that I wear the pants in the relationship. Chad puts me in my place often and reminds me that isn't the case.
5) Along with my obsession with beards, I'm also obsessed with animals. Chad is often left to snuggle himself while I'm busy snuggling my overly needy and possessive dog Nash. Chad takes my neglect to show him affection like a champ! He also plays a long and takes me to look at puppies once a week as he rolls his eyes and thinks i'm crazy.
Will you still need me? Will you still feed me, when I'm 64?
Monday, July 5, 2010
We ate lunch at the famous tourist spot The Salty Dog Cafe. Chad had to get Key Lime Pie for dessert which was the highlight of the meal
Scott showing Chad how to properly slurp down an Oyster
Mom bought a really cool basket from a lady who weaves by the side of the road
One of the days we headed down to Savannah Georgia to eat at Paula Dean's restaurant Lady and Sons. It was OH SO TASTY AND BUTTERY!
For Halloween this year Chad was a sumo wrestler and I was a mime. Chad's costume was a hit! Everyone loved it which won him best costume at all of the parties we attended this year. He defintely wore it well!
In November, Chad's dad was able to come out for a quick visit. We were able to get box tickets for one of the biggest games of the season. Not a bad way to experience your first Ohio State football game. Ohio State won in overtime, earning their place in the Rose Bowl.
For Spring Break this year we went to Arizona for a week to visit Chad's family. We had a jam packed week planned. We had Chad's grandparents in town from Idaho, a cousin to see off before leaving for Afghanistan, and the rest of the extended family to see all in the couple of days we were in town before leaving for the reservation. The majority of our friends have all moved back to Arizona since graduating from BYU, so it was nice to get together with everyone especially since there have been new babies, spouses, careers, and houses since we have seen everyone last.
Kent in front of the Hogan where Chad's aunt Lisa was born
For Chad's 26th birthday this year, my parents treated the familyto Tommy's Pizza and a Graeter's ice cream cake. Chad's a simple man.