Friday, August 19, 2011

WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE?

Just because I’m blogging today doesn’t mean I’m back for good! But I’m making an appearance for a good reason. Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. Anyone who knows me will attest that I’m not a big celebrator of birthdays (I hate being the center of attention), but it’s also because I feel like I didn’t do any of the hard work on my birthday. Shouldn’t I be celebrating my mom on my birthday? She’s the one who carried me for 9 months and did all the work! (Maybe that’s just my weird thinking). I’m getting off track, but I do think it’s important to celebrate and acknowledge the accomplishments and milestones in life. Marriage is such a gift and making it 5 years is an accomplishment. Some years have been harder than others but in the end it has been the learning and growing and supporting of one another that is sooooo worth the effort.

Today I want to pay tribute to the one I love the Most!


Here are 5 random facts about Chad and I.

1) In our relationship I do all of the driving. I get carsick if I don't, but the perk of this driving relationship is that DJ Chad without fail, IMMEDIATELY plugs in his I-pod so we don't go a second without great tunes to listen to.


2) I have an unhealthy attraction to men with beards. Chad awknowledges this and even though he can't grow the beard of my dreams he keeps his face scruffy just how I like it. He also allows me to have many beard crushes.


3) Chad and I always share a dish when we go out to eat. The hard part is the picking what to share and even harder is the 30 minute discussion on where we want to go out to eat. Some may call it indecisive....but I like to think of it as being easy going:)


4) Over the years, I've adopted many type "A" personality traits. I'm highly organized, task oriented, and probably OCD. With this change in my personality, I sometimes like to think that I wear the pants in the relationship. Chad puts me in my place often and reminds me that isn't the case.


5) Along with my obsession with beards, I'm also obsessed with animals. Chad is often left to snuggle himself while I'm busy snuggling my overly needy and possessive dog Nash. Chad takes my neglect to show him affection like a champ! He also plays a long and takes me to look at puppies once a week as he rolls his eyes and thinks i'm crazy.


Will you still need me? Will you still feed me, when I'm 64?


5 comments:

Kurt & Shawn said...

What a great tribute!! Congrats to you both and really, 64? Come on, ask about 94!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was touched by the honest and open sentiment. You expressed. I'm with you......anniversaries are way better. But what about all of the work and sacrifice of a dad in the birth of a child.

kent and liz said...

Happy anniversary you two. Beautiful pics. Beautiful couple. Love you both!

ckgoodlet said...

I can't believe you made a post! Happy Anniversary to you both! :)

Eva Wilson said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!


Regards,
Online Essay Help